Two ways you can use landing pages as an Etsy seller
You can use landing pages as a handmade shop owner:
- to grow your email list to collect more email addresses for the future;
- to promote a product or collection to make more sales.
Remember not to do both on the same page, as the purpose of a landing page is to simplify the decision making for the visitor.
Grow your email list
You can do it in some many ways, but the core of it is to offer something of value for the email address. If you don’t give me a reason to subscribe, I probably won’t.
The most common offers to subscribe are:
- a coupon code to use when they first make a purchase. I’m showing you an example page I’ve created in 5 minutes in the video, starting at 18:50.
- a giveaway (example starting at 20:30).
Promote and sell products
This is a way not to promote your email list but to actually make more sales. Here are a few examples:
- new product. I’m showing an example in the video, starting at 28:38.
- New collection.
- Special occasion – e.g. Mother’s Day, Christmas selection etc.
The possibilities are endless, just remember to make the page very clean with one clear goal and action in mind. Now, to the actual building! In the video, I’m showing you how to build a landing page inside MailChimp. It’s starting at 44:55 mark, but I encourage you to watch the whole video as I show a lot of examples and answer your questions.
Let me know: are you using landing pages in your handmade business?